Friday, September 26, 2008

Make money and clean up with EBay



Until about a year ago, my eBay experience was pretty limited. Actually, it mostly consisted of answering the door and signing for packages containing items my husband had ordered from the online auction house late at night after I had gone to bed.

Yes, some people watch late- night talk shows; He shops for weird stuff online.

One memorable arrival -- oh, there have been a few -- was a package in plain brown wrapping about the size of a large tissue box. I know what you're thinking. Relax.

Anyway, I signed the courier's electronic notepad, then headed up the stairs and deposited the package on the dining-room table. As I did so, I noticed that on the customs form, the contents of the package were listed as "antique surgical tools."

I am not kidding.

Add the fact my husband's last name is Hyde and you have the makings of a Victorian horror story.

But I never woke up with a tip of my finger missing or a bandage on my kidney area. No, it seems my husband, who is of the arty persuasion, planned on using the strange occluders and retractors in a multimedia art piece.

I haven't yet seen the art piece, but I have seen my interest in EBay grow.

OK, it's not as eclectic an interest as his. I order clothing, not creepy collectibles.

And I don't go crazy. I hate clutter and, after recently talking to home-organizing experts for this column, I am even more mindful of the popular clutter-free fan's rule that states when you bring an item into a house, you should try to take something else out.

EBay can help with that.

Read more

No comments: